The Embassy of the Republic of Kenya in Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia derives its obligations from the service charter of it’s parent Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in Kenya.
PDF version available here
Table of Contents
- Vision Statement
- Mission Statement
- Core Values
- Service Standards
- Service Improvement
- Contacting Us
- Review Of The Charter
It is our singular honour and privilege to present this service charter to our clients, stakeholders, and partners.
The charter attempts to provide an overview of our operations in countries of accreditation and aims at creating awareness into our core-functions; our values; and our commitment to the provision of quality service delivery to our customers.
This service charter clearly defines our Embassy’s obligations to our clients, our standards and mechanisms for redress where our services fall short of expectations, and to express our commitment to the delivery of quality service in pursuit of our customer’s satisfaction.
The Embassy is committed to the periodic evaluation of it’s performance based on the implementation of this service charter, hence the provision of our contacts to enhance regular feedback from our customers to enable us continuously improve on service delivery.
Mohamud A. Saleh, EBS
A diplomatic Mission of Excellence that promotes, protects and pursues Kenya’s National Interests in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and other countries of accreditation.
To pursue, strengthen and deepen the interests and values of the Kenyan people through effective diplomatic engagement with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and other countries of accreditation.
- Fear of the Almighty
- Team spirit
- To promote and project Kenya’s image and prestige through public diplomacy.
- To contribute to Kenya’s economic transformation and realization of vision 2030 through effective diplomatic engagement.
- To promote international co-operation, better understanding and respect for rule based on multilateral and bi-lateral system.
- To strengthen and protect the interest of Kenyans in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and other countries of accreditation.
- Promotion and enhancement of bilateral and multilateral relations/co-operation between Kenya, Kingdom of Saudi Arabi and other countries of accreditation.
- Strengthen relations with the GCC, OIC and other regional and non-governmental organizations based in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and other countries of accreditation.
- Marketing Kenya as a safe and viable investment and tourist destination.
- Negotiating and liaising with host governments for a conducive Social Economic and Trade conditions for Kenyan export products.
- Provision of Consular Services.
- Facilitation and participation in events for the promotion of trade, investment, tourism and cultural activities.
- Protocol courtesies for visiting Kenyan delegations.
- Co-ordination of VIP and other official visits.
- Co-ordination of Hajj (pilgrimage matters).
- Co-ordination of Kenyan Diaspora in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and other countries of accreditation.
Our customers include:
- The host government(s).
- The people of Kenya.
- Government Ministries, Parastatals and other institutions/agencies in Kenya.
- Foreign Missions accredited to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Foreigners, private sector, investors and non-governmental organizations.
- Embassy staff.
We provide the following services:-
To the People of Kenya
- Consular and Immigration services.
- Co-ordination of Hajj and Pilgrimage matters.
- International jobs and management of Diaspora relations.
- Facilitation of Trade Missions.
- Provision of Information and Linkages on Trade, Tourism and Investment opportunities in our countries of accreditation.
- Mediation and arbitration of Labour disputes between Saudi employers and Kenyan workers.
To the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and other Countries of Accreditation
- Dissemination of information on Kenya’s foreign policy; trade, tourism, education, culture and investment opportunities.
- Facilitation of trade/investment Missions and participation in International conferences.
- Co-ordination and facilitation of official appointments and protocol services.
- Issuance of visas.
To Foreign Missions and International Organizations Accredited to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Co-ordination and facilitation of official appointments in Kenya.
- Liaison services with Kenya Government Ministries.
- Facilitation to participate in International conferences in Kenya.
- Administration of privileges and immunities.
- Facilitation of immigration and protocol services.
To Foreigners, Private and Non-Governmental Organizations
- Information on trade and investment opportunities in Kenya
- Facilitate and establish business linkages with Kenyan business community.
- Facilitation of trade Missions and business excursions.
To our Internal Customers
- General administrative services including working tools and equipment.
- Welfare services
- Financial and accounting services
- Immigration and Consular services.
We are committed to providing the highest standards of service to all our clients and customers. Expect the following from us:-
- Treat you with respect, courtesy and confidentiality.
- Identify ourselves when we speak to you.
- Be clear and helpful in our interaction.
- Act with care, diligence, honesty and integrity as we respond and deal with all your issues.
We will Endeavour to:
- Deal with your enquiries and complaints quickly and effectively
- Answer your phone calls promptly.
- Attend to visitors promptly upon arrival.
- Process visitors visas promptly.
- Liaise with Immigration Department in Nairobi to process passports and referral visas at the shortest time possible.
- Reply to your letters, faxes and emails within the five (5) working days and on more complex issues, our initial reply will give you an estimate of the time a full response will take and the cost if any.
- Prompt payment of goods, services and works upon submission of accurate invoices and any other supporting documents in line with Government procurement rules and regulations.
We will be available for:
- Emergency concerns 24 hours a day and can be reached on our mobile telephones where necessary.
- Other enquiries, from Saturday to Wednesday during official working hours (N.B. we are closed Thursdays, Fridays and on public holidays)
We aim to:
- Ensure that the accuracy and quality of services we provide remain of International standards by continuously incorporating relevant and emerging developments in the Missions’ service charter.
- Further improve procedures for monitoring the quality of our services and reporting the results
- Upgrade the way in which we deliver our services in line with increasing improvements in technology and the changing needs of our clients.
- Develop a more streamlined system of handling enquiries and feedback on our services.
To our clients, In our interaction with our customers, we are committed to:
- Uphold professionalism and integrity.
- Provide effective and efficient service.
- Proactive in undertaking of our duties and responsibilities.
- Provide timely and relevant information as and when required.
- Treat both information and our customers with confidentiality.
- Treat our customers with respect and courtesy.
- Maintain an open door policy to all in need of our services.
- Promptly and positively respond to staff needs.
- Provide a conducive working environment.
- Respect the host government’s laws, rules and regulations.
From our clients, to ensure that you receive quality service, you can assist us by:-
- Providing accurate, timely information and documentation to facilitate prompt action.
- Upholding professionalism and integrity in your interaction with us
- Treating our staff courteously and with respect.
- Observing and respecting our procedures, rules and regulations
- Observing and respecting the host government rules and regulations.
To each other as colleagues
- To uphold professionalism.
- Teamwork and collective responsibility.
- Honesty, transparency and accountability.
- Courtesy and respect.
- Respect for family values and
- Equity and fairness.
Complaints, Comments and Suggestions
We greatly welcome feedback on our performance to enable us deliver quality service to our customers. Your complaints, comments or suggestions will be handled by the head of the relevant department at the mission. If you are dissatisfied with the response and wish to make a formal complaint, you may write to H.E the Ambassador, Kenya Embassy, Riyadh .
You may wish to contact us as follows:-
- For emergency, our mobiles are open 24 hours a day
- For normal business, we are open from 9.a.m. to 3.30p.m.
Saturday to Wednesday during normal working hours.
Embassy of the Republic of Kenya
P.O Box 94358 Riyadh 11693
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Telephone: +966-1-4882484 or +966-1-4881238
The charter shall be reviewed periodically to ensure that it is in tandem with new developments and to accommodate lessons learnt from implementation of the current one.